Whether it is a country of the month cooking class, or taking class field trips to find the best ingredients; you can be assured that you are on a cooking journey at Blue Bamboo. Presenting you with a new theme every month, Chef Dennis Chan delights his students with anecdotes from his days as a Culinary Institute of America student, shares secrets, and explains the science of cooking.
2015 Cooking Class Schedule
- March 21st – Sushi and Bento Box Cooking
- April 18th – Spring Market Field Trip
- May 9th – Fancy Thai Recipes
- June – 6th- Vietnamese Sauce Workshop
- July – 25th- Virtual Day Trip- NYC Asian!
- August – 22nd- TBA
- September – 26th- TBA
- October – 17th- TBA
- November – 14th- TBA
- December - 5th - Holiday Appetizers and Desserts
Previous Class Themes:
Cuban, Asian Food Truck Eats, Trendy Restaurant Recipes, French, Italian, American Tapas, Dim Sum Twists, Spring Market Cooking (trip to local market), Road Food, Restaurant Shopping (field trip to supply store), Puerto Rican, Science in the Home Kitchen, Southeast Asian Cooking, Korean Favorites, Scandinavian Specialties, Asian Street Eats, Love the Heat!…Southeast Asian Style, Hot Pots Across Asia: Shabu Shabu, Sukiyaki, Mongolian Hot Pot, Cooking Exotic Asian Veggies, Thai Stir Fries, Sushi and Sides, Chinese Heirloom Recipes, Vietnamese, East-West Bistro Food, Chinese New Year, Romantic Eats, Hawaiian Goodies, Virtual Day Trip- Savannah, The Chinese Village People- Celebrity Chef Ancestors, Big City Asian- Beyond Local!, Extinct Restaurant Great Dishes, German, French, Italian, Science in the Kitchen, and South East Asian Curries.
- Class Times – 10am-Noon
- Cost- $48 per person
- Includes – Lunch and one hand-crafted cocktail
- New theme every month
- Classes are open and conversational
- All are welcome
- Classes capped at 50 guests – don’t delay, and reserve today!